Monday, May 30, 2022

The Art of The Eclectic Witch's Book of Shadows by Deborah Blake




Today I’m celebrating The Eclectic Witch’s Book of Shadows, Witchy Wisdom at your Fingertips by Deborah Blake that I illustrated! I found out that our book is a finalist for 2022 COVR Visionary Awards Best Book Illustration on June 11 so I made a video to take you behind the scenes of these illustrations step- by step to show you how I created the illustrations for this book. After that, we’ll bring the witchy snake candle holder that I drew as part of the illustrations in this book to life!


The COVR awards (Coalition of Visionary Resources)  Each year COVR gives Visionary Awards to entries selected from among the best new products, electronic media, jewelry, music and books in the Mind/Body/Spirit marketplace. COVR is the only awards of their kind in the metaphysical industry. So when I heard that Debora Blake’s book The Eclectic Witch’s Book of Shadows was up for an award that will be announced on June 11, 2022 at INATS I was pretty excited! Then I discovered that it was in the category of “Best Illustrations” What?!?

 I’m not going to be able to attend the awards ceremony, so I decided to celebrate over on YouTube! No idea if our book will win of course, and there are many other books that are finalists but it’s absolutely an honor to be among such good company


Back when I was working on this project I shot some footage of one of my illustrations while I was working on it, I'm really excited to share it with you in this video. You'll see that I used lots of my personal magickal items as references for the art. I thought it would be fun if you could own something to, and since I wanted to make a snake candle holder like the one I illustrated I thought I would show you how I made it so that you can make one too! Even if you’re not an accomplished sculptor, this is just so easy and I’ll share my tips to make it absolutely magickal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your feedback, please leave a note on my old wooden art table!