Friday, June 24, 2011

Fairy Friday: Crimson Wings Sketch, Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks!

Fairy Friday, shall I manage to post a new fairy sketch, art, story or other fairy related fun every Friday?  We shall see...

I do have one today.  Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?  Sitting at the office today and nothing was going on.  I've been wanting to do a new piece, a fairy dude.  And I also wanted to contribute a new piece to The Enchanted Visions Project, so I decided to do a fairy fellow titled "Crimson Wings."

My dad got me a drawing pad and pen for my Mac, and I've played around with it a bit, but haven't really used it much.  So I plugged that bad boy in and decided to give it a shot.  Getting used to it is kind of like using an Etch-A-Sketch with your left hand, but hey, it's really good to challenge yourself sometimes, and when you do, sometimes great things happen. 

Here is my first sketch done in Photoshop using a drawing pad.  I'm not finishing it in Photoshop, He'll be brought to life using my usual method of herb infused watercolor and colored pencil.  He's a bad-ass fairy, and when he's done, I shall dub him "Crimson Wings."  I'm out of illustration board, but I'm picking some up tonight.  I hope you like him.

Aren't fairies sweet?  Not always!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really fantastic for "Etch-A-Sketch"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! LOL Just don't shake it whatever you do! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your feedback, please leave a note on my old wooden art table!