Thursday, October 1, 2020

A Reading From Llewellyn's Little Book of Halloween



I ventured out to the local state park because I wanted to do a reading of the introduction to my book Llewellyn's Little Book of Halloween and I knew of the perfect spot! There's these great old stone  stairs that lead down from a parking lot but don't go particularly anywhere, for that reason since they're off the beaten path I thought it's the perfect place to shot a video. I love the vibe back there too, it has such ambiance. I put on my wonderful witchy garb grabbed my tripod and filled a bag full of pumpkins, what more could I need?



I think it turned out pretty nice. I do think some better equipment might have helped. I also got there about an hour before sunset because I was trying to clear enough room on my phone, which is where I shoot and edit all my videos. The light wasn't the brightest, but it did lend a supernatural glow to everything which I quite liked. My biggest challenge was the trucks going by on the highway! I barely noticed them when I was there...until I got home and started to edit. Yikes!



So I'm thinking about some better equipment in my future, maybe a good camera, though they're really expensive and my phone is good quality. I might also invest in some more mobile lighting options, and probably most importantly, a better mic for my current setup.



At any rate, I hope you enjoy this reading of the introduction for Llewellyn's Little Book of Halloween as much as I enjoyed shooting it. It was a really fun location and it brought me right into that magickal Halloween state of mind!



Blessings,

Mickie














No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your feedback, please leave a note on my old wooden art table!