Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mystical Cats Proof Pages are Here!

It's interesting how a project that takes years to complete doesn't feel as real as it does the first time you get the finished project in your hands.  Mystical Cats Tarot is a project that is no exception. I was delighted to receive the giant tube from Lynne at the Llewellyn art department for I knew what was inside!

Garfield seems perplexed by the big sheet of cats he's standing on.

I unrolled the uncut sheets of Mystical Cats Tarot and was completely blown away! I used to work for a company that made displays for big companies like Coca-Cola and Under Armor, so I've seen lots of press sheets over the years, but it's always exciting when it's your own work.  They print them all on a big sheet, have to match up the backs on the other side, and then they are die cut to the correct size and shape of the tarot cards that we're all so used to.  It's a pretty cool process.
Continuing the inspection, The Cat (The Fool) begins his journey.

I laid the press proof sheet out on my kitchen table, it's much too big to fit on my old wooden art table.  I weighed the edges down with anything heavy I could find and of course my cats Willow and Garfield had to jump right up in the middle of everything and do the official Mystical Cats inspection.  The first to investigate was Garfield, which is appropriate since he was the model for The Cat (The Fool).

Willow seems satisfied.

Willow checked it all out and then plopped her butt down right in the middle of the whole thing which I have come to understand as her highest approval.  This was her inspection process for most of the art as I created it.

I was really excited to find a cut deck as well inside that magical shipping tube!  I've flipped through them over and over, but I can't bring myself to shuffle them yet for some reason.  I'll have to bite the bullet and do it this week, I really want to start doing some sample readings with it.
Mystical Cats Tarot, the card return to the old wooden art table where they were born!

Lynne did such an amazing job adjusting the color from the scans, she really made sure that the colors on this deck are accurate to the colors of my original art.  She even managed to keep the delicate shading in the white areas, which is no easy task! All of that means that when you get this deck in your hands, it looks exactly as the original art does, just smaller, every detail, highlight, shadow is accurate!
The Stars card, King of Earth, and the aces!

As an artist, I can't be happier!  The deck is borderless which means you get a little more art. The drop in banners with the names of each card turned out so pretty, slightly decorative, easy to read, and it's got the slightest bit of bronzey metallic to it, so it's really elegant.

All I'm waiting on is the boxes to arrive! I can't wait to see that box, pop it open, and flip through Lunaea Weatherstone's beautiful book, even though I've seen the PDF proof, it's just going to be amazing to flip those pages!  If you're as excited as I am, you can pre-order the deck now from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and of course Llewellyn's website, the decks are coming out in May, so not long now! I'll add the links below for those of you that want to be among the first to let these cats out of the bag.

Speaking of bags, we also have special bags to keep your decks in over at the official Mystical Cats Tarot Etsy shop, be sure to drop in, there will be more items coming soon, and you'll be able to order your favorite cat on beautiful gifts!
A satin tarot bag featuring "The Priestess" from Mystical Cat's Tarot, we make these right in our studio workshop.
Check them out at Mystical Cats Tarot official Etsy shop, click here!


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Mystical-Cats-Tarot-Lunaea-Weatherstone/dp/0738733881
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mystical-cats-tarot-lunaea-weatherstone/1117011341
Llewellyn: http://www.llewellyn.com/product.php?ean=9780738733883

https://www.etsy.com/shop/mysticalcatstarot

Blessings,

Mickie



6 comments:

  1. How exciting! Congrats Mickie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. So exciting! Congrats to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your blog from Deborah Blake's! Just wanted to say I am super excited to see the finished Mystical Cat tarot set! I will definitely be pre-ordered this, because your artwork looks just stunning and I think it's about time to add a 3rd tarot deck to my repertoire. :) Nice work and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Needles of Maine approves this blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thrilled to find your deck! I LOVE BORDERLESS! And I love the realistic cats (sorry I just can't stand cats in clothes doing human things haha). I pre-ordered on Amazon and I'm super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://sites.google.com/view/movers-riyadh/movers-hail
    https://sites.google.com/view/movers-riyadh/movers-khamis-mushait
    https://sites.google.com/view/movers-riyadh/movers-rabigh

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your feedback, please leave a note on my old wooden art table!